Total Duration: 50 min
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 min
For the cake:
- 1 cup and 1/3 (335 mL) oatmeal (traditional oatmeal)
- 3/4 cup (190 mL) flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 3/4 teaspoon of baking powder (baking powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup (165 mL) brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (250 mL) mashed bananas
- 1 and a half teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (85 mL) chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup (165 mL) oatmeal (traditional oatmeal)
- 2/3 cup (165 mL) coconut flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/3 cup (85 mL) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (65 mL) melted butter
- 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 ° F (175 ° C). Grease and flour an 8 x 8 dish well. Set aside.
- To make the filling, combine 2/3 cup of oats, 2/3 cup of coconut, cinnamon and brown sugar. Add the melted butter and mix well. Put aside.
- To make the cake, combine the oats, flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Put aside.
- Cream the butter and brown sugar until you get a light texture. Add the eggs and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add the mashed bananas.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix well until blended. Add the chocolate chips.
- Spread the mixture in the bottom of the dish and sprinkle with the filling mixture.
- Add the remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until the insertion of a toothpick comes out clean.