Ideal as a snack! For a sweeter taste, I suggest replacing the nuts with dark chocolate chips and or dried cranberries.
Banana Bread – Sugar Free
A delicious, sugar-free snack that will be enjoyed by the whole family.
Prep: Time 10 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Calories: 180 kcal
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 egg beaten with a fork
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract tea
- 1 1/2 cups 100% whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp. baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp. of Ceylon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup of pumpkin seeds (optional)
- 1/4 cup sliced walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 365 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas then incorporate the oil, compote, vanilla and eggs and mix well.
- Then add the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt and mix.
- Finally, add the pumpkin seeds and sliced walnuts and mix.
- Grease a loaf pan, stir in the mixture and bake for about 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.